When/how do I pay my taxes?

The Assessor’s office gives the County Treasurer’s office value assessments for each property. The County Treasurer’s office then determines the tax dollar amount based on the current year’s millage levy and mail a statement to the taxpayer in November. Payments can be made in full by January 1st or can be made in two payments with the first half to be paid before January 1st and the remainder to be paid before April 1st. Taxes may be paid in the Treasurer's office at:
Kay County Courthouse
201 S Main Street
Newkirk, OK 74647

You can also contact the Treasurer’s office for other payment methods. For other questions regarding tax statements, amounts, escrow, etc. please contact the treasurer’s office at 580-362-2523.

Show All Answers

1. I am wanting to purchase another property. Can I find out what the tax amount would be?
2. How is the money from my property tax used?
3. I have recently purchased a new home, what do I need to do?
4. What is homestead exemption, additional homestead, veteran’s exemption, and the senior valuation freeze?
5. When/how do I pay my taxes?
6. What do I need to do if I purchase or sell a mobile home?
7. How can I find a property owner’s name, address, and/or legal description of a property?
8. Should I let the Assessor’s office know if there have been any changes to my home or property?
9. What is the Change of Assessment Notice?
10. How do I file a protest?
11. How do I read a parcel identification number?