How do I file a protest?

You can always contact us by phone, come into the office to get the protest form, or you may look on the Oklahoma Tax Commission's website for the protest forms. When our office receives the informal protest, we will have 5 days to respond with our decision. After that if you are still in disagreement with our values you have 10 days to file a formal protest with the Board of Equalization, which you do by calling Kay County Clerk's Office at 580-362-2537.

Show All Answers

1. I am wanting to purchase another property. Can I find out what the tax amount would be?
2. How is the money from my property tax used?
3. I have recently purchased a new home, what do I need to do?
4. What is homestead exemption, additional homestead, veteran’s exemption, and the senior valuation freeze?
5. When/how do I pay my taxes?
6. What do I need to do if I purchase or sell a mobile home?
7. How can I find a property owner’s name, address, and/or legal description of a property?
8. Should I let the Assessor’s office know if there have been any changes to my home or property?
9. What is the Change of Assessment Notice?
10. How do I file a protest?
11. How do I read a parcel identification number?